Try Jedis or better-still JOhm if you would like to have automatic object
mapping to Redis. You can select a connection pool of your choice even
though we recommend you use Apache Commons Pool.

Cassandra and Redis are very different beasts and work best at their
respective scales. If you just want a simple cache, Redis can do the job -
it is really fast and operations are atomic and with AOF, data-loss window
can be reduced to max transactions occurring in 1 second :)

All that being said, why are you doing an lpush (list-op) on your KV pairs
and not hset (with pipelining if possible)?

Also, try the v2.2 by directly building off of the redis main branch. It is
much faster than v2.0 and Jedis/JOhm are compatible with 2.2