Thanks Johnathan,

A follow up question. Will it be possible to migrate existing indexes
in a future release as part of the upgrade path to support LT and LTE
ops without equal? In the meantime in my Datanucleus Plugin I was
thinking I could do something like the following. It's not efficient
for space, but it will work and should hopefully be relatively efficient
for querying.

LT and LTE ops can be though of as the distance from the MAX value of
any given data type. For instance, if I had a data type :"ubershort",
which goes from -200 to 200, I could say that an expression of <= 0 is
really >= (distance) 200 from the maximum. I could use this equation to
calculate the "distance" to persist a distance value in a column named
"<colName>_reverse". Which would effectively give me a reverse index.

Then the value would simply be

storedValue = MAXVALUE-userVal.
From there, whenever the user issues a < <= query, I would simply
translate the value via the above equation and < becomes > and <=
becomes >=. Aside from the space issue of storage, do you see any other
problems with this approach for a 0.7 compatible version of my plugin?

Thanks,
Todd