Hey guys,
I've been digging through JIRA and all related issued for secondary
indexing for use within my Datanucleus Plugin.

Currently there is only indexing for LT and LTE expression when an EQ
operator is present. Will it be possible to use the LT and LTE ops
without an EQ by the 0.7.0 release? If not, which of the following
would be more efficient?

1. Creating a dummy column of 1 byte that is indexed. Then when I
analyze the AST from the query, if no existing == op is present, and an
EQ op to my dummy column. This is is functionally a no-op, but required
for the client to execute an index operation.

2. Use my previous indexing scheme of 2 Super CF for longs and strings
to get my < <= operations. Where I use the following scheme.

Long: <index name> {

long value 1: { serialized keys (row keys for dn) }
long value 2: { serialized keys (row keys for dn)

Todd

groupdev @
categoriescassandra
postedOct 12, '10 at 11:34p