On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 6:34 PM, Todd Nine wrote:
Currently there is only indexing for LT and LTE expression when an EQ
operator is present.  Will it be possible to use the LT and LTE ops
without an EQ by the 0.7.0 release? No.
If not, which of the following
would be more efficient?

1. Creating a dummy column of 1 byte that is indexed.
This is basically the same as doing a full range scan, only less efficient.
2. Use my previous indexing scheme of 2 Super CF for longs and strings
to get my < <= operations.  Where I use the following scheme.
I'm not sure I follow but if it's better than doing a full range scan
then it is better than 1. :)

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra