We use an object pool (from apache common pool) to cache the open channel to save the connection time. As we don’t have the ChannelPool like the linked norbert, so we don’t have the closeChannelTimeMillis option.
For you case it looks the cached the channel was closed when it is still send message.
As the camel-netty always checks the channel object before borrowing it from the object pool, it could cause some trouble if you are using the UdpConnectionlessSending[1].

Can you check if you are using the UdpConnectionlessSending in your case.

[1]https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/master/components/camel-netty/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/component/netty/NettyProducer.java#L571
--
Willem Jiang

http://jnn.iteye.com (Chinese)