Please find my comments inline.

Best,
Christian
On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 12:10 PM, BAnanth wrote:

Hello,

We have a requirement wherein we need to do some database operations
(inserts/updates) immedialtely after the first and last routes are
executed.
What do you mean?
After each exchanges was processed by the first endpoint on a route and
after each exchange was processed by the last endpoint on a route?
Or only for the first exchange?
Or...?

We would be writing two custom interceptors - one for the insert operation
after the first route is executed , and the other for the update operation
once the last route is executed.
In org.apache.camel.processor.interceptor.DefaultTraceEventMessage you can
check how to figure out what is/was the fromEndpoint, previousNode and
nextNode. I think with this information you can determine in your
interceptor whether it should do something or not.
We wanted to know if there is a way/method to know when the first route in
camel has been executed. Likewise is there a way to find out the last route
executed and then trigger the interceptor for updating the data in the
database.
See above. May the nextNode is null if you passed the last endpoint. And
fromEndpoint and previousNode may have the same values when you pased the
first endpoint.
As always, appreciate your help.

Thanks and Regards,
Bhavani