thanks for the response. I saw the Camel XMPP page and got the example listed there to work. But as is stated there this example sends a message whereas I want to receive messages that are sent to a specific Google Talk account. Adding the serviceName didn't get my receiver to work, same exception occurred. Does "Google doesn't support SASL" mean there is no way to receive messages from a Google Talk account or does it mean I have to change something in my code to turn off SASL? If so, how and where?

Thanks,
Stefan