I have tried to use the http component to download bigger files from a
server. Initially I thought that I would get the input stream from the
response in the body of the exchange. But as far as I can tell I'm always
getting a ByteArrayInputStream, which means the stream is somehow getting
changed. In fact, when downloading a bigger file I get an OutOfMemoryError.
Is there some way to configure the http component not to do this? Are there
any recommendations for dealing with bigger files or streaming in general?

Thanks,
Jens