Hi Gregor,

If want to build a RC release of Camel 2.17.x, you can just create a new
branch of camel-2.17.x and run maven release on that branch, or just cut a
Camel 2.17.0 from the master branch, then create camel-2.17.x branch from
the RC tag.

You need update the pom version in the master branch to 2.18-SNAPSHOT after
the cut either way.

Willem Jiang

           http://jnn.iteye.com (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang