Grokbase Groups Avro user April 2013
Try GenericRecordBuilder.

For the Specific API, there are builders that will not let you construct an
object that can not be serialized.
The Generic API should have the same thing, but I am not 100% sure the
builder there covers it.

I have always avoided using any API that allows me to create an object that
is unsafe to serialize since finding out at serialization time is a huge
pain (and in my case, is often on a separate thread from the place it was
created).