Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 4:51 PM, anywhere1@gmail.com
wrote:
Hello,

As many of you may know mod_cache does not cache directory index
files, this can be fixed with mod_rewrite but homedir seems to be
impossible to be cached. The following rules cache the folders but not
the homedir:
DirectorySlash Off
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ([^\.*])
RewriteCond "%{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_URI}/index.htm" -f
RewriteRule "^(.*)$" "$1\/index.htm" [NC,L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^([^\.*])$
RewriteCond "%{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_URI}/index.html" -f
RewriteRule "^(.*)$" "$1\/index.html" [NC,L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^([^\.*])$
RewriteCond "%{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_URI}/index.php" -f
RewriteRule "^(.*)$" "$1\/index.php" [NC,L]

Note that DirectorySlash should be off (or mod_dir not loaded) in
order to work also with URL that end with no slash

This will work for any folder but it does not work for public homedir
directory. So when a user visit http://www.thedomain.com/ it does not
work.

For me it is critical to make this work in someway, the index homepage
is the main page that needs to be cached in my case (and in many
others).

Do you know any solution for this? I found the first message about
this in the Internet in 2002 but I'm using last version of apache
httpd and still does not work.

Thank you in advance for your support