I am using Apache HTTP server as a front end to JBoss. I have my
application deployed as:

http://internal.domain.com/foobar

If I type in that URL, it works as expected. Going to that page will
forward you to a login on page
(http://internal.domain.com/foobar/global/login.do). This virtual host
will only be accessible internally.

I want to set up another virtual host on the same server (which will be
accessible from the outside world) and give it this URL:

http://public.domain.com/foobar_public

This is where I'm running into difficulties.

I added this into my <VirtualHost ...> section:

ProxyPass /foobar_public ajp://localhost:8009/foobar

ProxyPassReverse /foobar_public ajp://localhost:8009/foobar

That did not work. It gives me:

Not Found

The requested URL /csapp/ was not found on this server.

If I then add these lines to the <VirtualHost ...> section

ProxyPass /foobar_public ajp://localhost:8009/foobar

ProxyPassReverse /foobar_public ajp://localhost:8009/foobar

ProxyPass /foobar ajp://localhost:8009/foobar

ProxyPassReverse /foobar ajp://localhost:8009/foobar

That works... but I want it to keep the /foobar_public context.

So I added a RewriteRule:

RewriteRule ^/foobar/(.*) /foobar_public/$1 [R]

Now it does what I want... When I type in
http://public.domain.com/foobar_public... it sends me to the appropriate
login page. BUT... the login action is /foobar/global/login.do...
instead of /foobar_public/global/login.do.

My jsp:

Can someone shed any light to what I might be doing wrong?

I know this is a little long and somewhat confusing... but any help
would be great! Thanks in advance.

groupusers @
categoriesapache
postedNov 7, '07 at 9:39p