Sorry this may seem as a really newbi question but... I have lost lots
of time trying to fix this and nothing works...
I am running apache under redhat linux. the html folder with the html
files is at /var/www/html and the cgi is at /var/www/cgi-bin
I have a simple script (perl script) that I took from the web, the perl
path is ok, and it works when I run it on command line... well I Would
like to see this script working via a browser so I place the script
under /var/www/html and chmod 755 to it. well the localhost/hello.pl and
it displays the text, the source code, ok then I rename the file as
hello.cgi and try again and the same result...

#! /usr/bin/perl

#!/usr/local/bin/perl
# hello.pl - My first CGI program

print "Content-Type: text/html\n\n";
# Note there is a newline between
# this header and Data

# Simple HTML code follows

print "<html> <head>\n";
print "<title>Hello, world!</title>";
print "</head>\n";
print "<body>\n";
print "<h1>Hello, world!</h1>\n";
print "</body> </html>\n";

tha is my simple script... as I sayed beore it works on command line. as cgi and as pl I have tryed. when I check the apache log file:

it does not generate an error msg, well any way the file is being displyed as text.. so... what am I doing wrong...
how can I see this simple perl script working? is there anything at the http.conf file I should check? does it have to do with the mod_perl? if so how to activate it? please please just this simele thing.. please