Grokbase Groups Apache dev March 2011
All,

apache@ has been working diligently for the last 2yrs to realize
www/apache22 as the default. Now, we are at last nearing completion. We
look to pull the switch within the next month or so pending our final
-exp run by portmgr@.

I would like to thank everyone that helped to make this happen
especially:
ohauer@ (Olli Hauer)
for stepping up and finishing the last mile!
portmgr@ (Pav)
-exp runs
clement@ (Clement Laforte)
for his long years of previous service

Once www/apache22 becomes the default, we will actively move to
deprecate and remove support for www/apache20 and related ports (they
already have the notices in them). Then www/apache13* (yes, its EOL
upstream, and unsupported by both then and us).

http://s.apache.org/13eol

Finally, we will look to import www/apache24 which just recently saw its
1st ever BETA release.

If you would like to track our progress here some relevant links:

o http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/147009
o http://wiki.freebsd.org/Apache

Some things you should keep in mind as quoted in ports/CHANGES:
20090516:
AUTHOR: pgollucci@FreeBSD.org

* APACHE_COMPAT is dead!

* USE_APACHE=yes is dead!

* WITH_APACHE13, WITH_APACHE2, WITH_APACHE20, and WITH_APACHE22 are
dead

You should set USE_APACHE=13|20|22+. WITH_APACHE option can
be used to conditionally include support for ANY version of
Apache based on APACHE_PORT.

Additionally, WITH_MODPERL2 will be replaced WITH_MODPERL.

1024D/DB9B8C1C B90B FBC3 A3A1 C71A 8E70 3F8C 75B8 8FFB DB9B 8C1C
VP Apache Infrastructure; Member, Apache Software Foundation
Committer, FreeBSD Foundation
Consultant, P6M7G8 Inc.
Sr. System Admin, Ridecharge Inc.

Work like you don't need the money,