On Tue, 2 Sep 2008, Robert Koberg wrote:

Hi,

ant 1.7.1, jsch-0.1.33, commons-net-1.5.0-dev, Red Hat Enterprise
Linux Server release 5.2 (Tikanga)

I am trying to use ant on one server, which is using sshexec to
invoke ant on a remote server. I also tried creating a shell script
that just executes ant and using that as the command attr value for
sshexec. The shell script also errors out with ant:command not
found). I keep getting:

"Remote command failed with exit status 127

[sshexec] bash: ant: command not found"

ANT_HOME is defined correctly and the $ANT_HOME/bin is added to the
PATH.
Make sshexec run "env". When running a command via ssh (as opposed to
opening an interactive shell) your environment may not be what you
think it is.
THE MAIN DIFFERENCE: This used to work for me in the past on Red Hat
ES 3 (I believe I am remembering the version correctly) and now the
machine is running Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.2
(Tikanga)
I think there are a couple of configuration options to sshd that
control what environment is used, so maybe your configuration is
different. ISTR there are a few things you can configure in
~/.ssh/config (or something similar) but don't remember the details
right now.

Stefan