Yes, it's part of zookeeper client... The impl under the covers uses a SASL
client for security which expects some settings in JAAS. You can ignore it
if you purposefully won't use security.

See here for more about setting it up:
http://hbase.apache.org/book/zk.sasl.auth.html

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 1:28 PM, heimdull wrote:

I downloaded latest snapshot and its working without the message now.. Not
sure how I managed to get an old snapshot when I downloaded one last night,
must have click wrong link…

anyways:

All I did was start zookeeper on all three boxes then un-tarred snapshot
and started node 1 then 2 then 3 and when there was three running there was
some type of conflict I guess…

But it looks good now…

My other question that I need to research next is this:

INFO | Client will not SASL-authenticate because the default JAAS
configuration section 'Client' could not be found. If you are not using
SASL, you may ignore this. On the other hand, if you expected SASL to work,
please fix your JAAS configuration.

is there a configuration that I'm missing? Do I need this? is this part of
Zookeepers security setup?

-freddy