Please forgive me if this is too stupid a question but,

when I connect from my MAC OSX box to my SUN Ultra 2, running IBM MQ Server
(With tested queues), I get this:
From MAC box (athena):
I just run the program "main" with changes to point to the IBM MQ server.
(export
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/mycode/owmq/openwire-c/build/Deployment:$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH;./main)
From Sun BOX(helios), while looking at the error log
04/22/09 20:10:30 - Process(16780.35) User(xaos) Program(amqrmppa)
AMQ9207: The data received from host 'athena (10.0.0.31)' is not valid.

EXPLANATION:
Incorrect data format received from host 'athena (10.0.0.31)' over TCP/IP.
It
may be that an unknown host is attempting to send data. An FFST file has
been
generated containing the invalid data received.
ACTION:
Tell the systems administrator.
----- amqxfdcx.c : 768

I guess this means that I can't connect with IBM MQ. I know, the protocol is
openwire and I (mistakenly) thought that I would just communicate with IBM
MQ.

I am running activemq openwire.

The question is, how do I talk to IBM MQ?

Thanks in advance,

-George H