Well, I figured as much. Is there any Open Source IBM MQ client out there?

I mean somebody out there must be talking to IBM/MQ from non IBM software.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-G

Timothy Bish wrote:
On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 17:26 -0700, xaos wrote:
Please forgive me if this is too stupid a question but,

when I connect from my MAC OSX box to my SUN Ultra 2, running IBM MQ
Server
(With tested queues), I get this:
From MAC box (athena):
I just run the program "main" with changes to point to the IBM MQ server.
(export
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/mycode/owmq/openwire-c/build/Deployment:$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH;./main)
From Sun BOX(helios), while looking at the error log
04/22/09 20:10:30 - Process(16780.35) User(xaos) Program(amqrmppa)
AMQ9207: The data received from host 'athena (10.0.0.31)' is not valid.

EXPLANATION:
Incorrect data format received from host 'athena (10.0.0.31)' over
TCP/IP.
It
may be that an unknown host is attempting to send data. An FFST file has
been
generated containing the invalid data received.
ACTION:
Tell the systems administrator.
----- amqxfdcx.c : 768

I guess this means that I can't connect with IBM MQ. I know, the protocol
is
openwire and I (mistakenly) thought that I would just communicate with
IBM
MQ.

I am running activemq openwire.

The question is, how do I talk to IBM MQ?

Thanks in advance,

-George H
It appears you are using the OpenWire C client, in that case you won't
be able to talk to an IBM MQ server with that as its using the ActiveMQ
protocol, which isn't compatible with the IBM server.

You'd need to use an IBM compatible C client.

Regards
Tim.

--
Tim Bish