The Turbine team is pleased to announce the turbine-parent-2 release!

This is the Parent POM for the Apache Turbine and Fulcrum project.
Despite it's version 2 this is the first official release. This POM is
supposed to be used as parent for all modules in the Apache Turbine Project.

Changes in this version include:

New features:
o Add customization of apache-release profile

Changes:
o Move changelog to standard location
o Update Apache Parent POM to version 11 and remove all duplicate settings

Removed:
o Remove definition of dummy repository as Nexus now is supposed to
handle actual promotion of artifacts.
o Remove old release and rc profiles

Have fun!
-Turbine team

  • Georg Kallidis at Nov 19, 2012 at 8:52 am
    I have problems to get the tests running for the Turbine trunk
    4.0-M2-SNAPSHOT.

    I need to update to surefire plugin version to 2.12.2 at least (2.12.4
    ok too), the current version is 2.12 in the new parent.

    Otherwise I get the error:
    [INFO]
    [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
    org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.
    12:test (default-test) on project turbine: No tests were executed! (Set
    -DfailI
    fNoTests=false to ignore this error.) -> [Help 1]

    Environment: Maven 3.0.4, Java 1.6.0_29, 32bit, windows xp (the same for
    Java 1.7 and windows 7, c.p.). May be this is a windows problem. I
    digged not much further into details, might be related to a fork issue
    resolved in version 2.12.2.

    perTest seems to be deprecated too, we might better use "always"?

    As the parent is just released, we have to overwrite the surefire
    version in the turbine trunk, if we do not want instantly move to a
    newer parent.

    Anyone with a better idea?

    Best regards, Georg

    The Turbine team is pleased to announce the turbine-parent-2 release!

    This is the Parent POM for the Apache Turbine and Fulcrum project.
    Despite it's version 2 this is the first official release. This POM is
    supposed to be used as parent for all modules in the Apache Turbine
    Project.

    Changes in this version include:

    New features:
    o Add customization of apache-release profile

    Changes:
    o Move changelog to standard location
    o Update Apache Parent POM to version 11 and remove all duplicate
    settings

    Removed:
    o Remove definition of dummy repository as Nexus now is supposed to
    handle actual promotion of artifacts.
    o Remove old release and rc profiles

    Have fun!
    -Turbine team

  • Thomas Vandahl at Nov 19, 2012 at 8:47 pm

    org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.
    12:test (default-test) on project turbine: No tests were executed! (Set
    -DfailI
    fNoTests=false to ignore this error.) -> [Help 1]

    Environment: Maven 3.0.4, Java 1.6.0_29, 32bit, windows xp (the same for
    Java 1.7 and windows 7, c.p.). May be this is a windows problem. I
    digged not much further into details, might be related to a fork issue
    resolved in version 2.12.2.
    Maven 2.2.1/JDK 1.6.0_37/Mac OSX 10.6 works fine here.
    As the parent is just released, we have to overwrite the surefire
    version in the turbine trunk, if we do not want instantly move to a
    newer parent.

    Anyone with a better idea?
    Well, the people at commons release their parent pom with "lazy
    consensus", i. e. if nobody objects, the artifact is pushed out. Do we
    want to do something similar? Opinions?

    In any case, please do the fixes for the POM in the 3-SNAPSHOT and try a
    "mvn deploy" (given that your Maven setup is prepared as described in
    http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html#dev-env). I'll
    try with Maven 2.2.1 then.

    Bye, Thomas.