[Tomcat-users] tomcat 5.5 ------ log4j:ERROR LogMananger.repositorySelector was null likely due to error in class reloading, using NOPLoggerRepository.

WEIQUAN YUAN
Jun 20, 2011 at 1:33 pm
I can run without problem locally for app testPhoenix in eclipse
server, but when deploy to linux box, I got error like below

20-Jun-2011 9:19:24 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Error listenerStart
20-Jun-2011 9:19:24 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Context [/testPhoenix] startup failed due to previous errors
log4j:ERROR LogMananger.repositorySelector was null likely due to
error in class reloading, using NOPLoggerRepository.

This error is very short and I googled online for this error, but can
not figure out either. how to make this error more clarified?

thanks in advance.

reply

  • Konstantin Kolinko at Jun 20, 2011 at 1:58 pm

    I can run without problem locally for app testPhoenix in eclipse
    server, but when deploy to linux box, I got error like below

    20-Jun-2011 9:19:24 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
    SEVERE: Error listenerStart
    20-Jun-2011 9:19:24 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
    SEVERE: Context [/testPhoenix] startup failed due to previous errors
    log4j:ERROR LogMananger.repositorySelector was null likely due to
    error in class reloading, using NOPLoggerRepository.

    This error is very short and I googled online for this error, but can
    not figure out either.  how to make this error more clarified?
    1. What exact version of Tomcat 5.5.x you are using?

    2. It says that it is class loading issue. What jars to you have on
    the server ind in your webapp?

    And what version of log4j you are using?

    3. How logging is configured in your webapp and in Tomcat?

    4. Have you tried log4j mailing list?
    http://logging.apache.org/log4j/

    Best regards,
    Konstantin Kolinko

  • WEIQUAN YUAN at Jun 20, 2011 at 3:14 pm

    1. What exact version of Tomcat 5.5.x you are using? 5.5.17.0
    2. It says that it is class loading issue. What jars to you have on
    the server ind in your webapp?
    there are a lot of jars i used for this webapp, including spring, dwr,
    log4j, mail, esapi, jstl, json, common, activation, .....
    And what version of log4j you are using?
    log4j-1.2.15.jar,
    3. How logging is configured in your webapp and in Tomcat?
    using -Dlog4j.configuration=log4j.xml in tomcat startup script and put
    log4j.xml in WEB-INF/classes
    4. Have you tried log4j mailing list?
    http://logging.apache.org/log4j/
    No, I didn't try to put in this question to log4j mailing list.

    On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 9:58 AM, Konstantin Kolinko
[...]

    Located in Ottawa - Capital Region of Canada
    Email: weiquan.yuan@gmail.com