[Tomcat-users] application failed to start : Error in dependencyCheck java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid entry CRC

James
Aug 8, 2008 at 7:34 am
attempting to run application on Tomcat 5.5 server (Fails to load at context path) I see this in the catalina.log

Google search suggests a zip file error with the .war - but I have only used an exploded tree and removed previous .war file.

Any suggestions?

--
James Stanbridge
Kellstan

IM: (messenger) james@kellstan.com
Skype: james.stanbridge.mob
reply

Search Discussions

1 response

  • Christopher Schultz at Aug 8, 2008 at 1:55 pm
    James,

    james@kellstan.com wrote:
    attempting to run application on Tomcat 5.5 server (Fails to load at
    context path) I see this in the catalina.log

    Google search suggests a zip file error with the .war - but I have
    only used an exploded tree and removed previous .war file.
    It probably means that one of your JAR files is bad (JAR files are just
    ZIP files). Try running a "test" on each of your JAR files to see if it
    is a valid ZIP file. My guess is that you have a corrupted library.

    I also seem to recall that there was a version of Java that had a ZIP
    file reading bug. Are you using a relatively up-to-date JVM?

    - -chris