Grokbase Groups Tomcat users May 2006
Hi all!
I used to work with Tomcat 3.3 but recently I decided to change to Tomcat
Unfortunately it appears that I cannot run most of my .jsp files on this
version of the server because I encouter this problem:
When the server tries to compile the jsp`s, it shows me an error with this
stack trace :

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception

Generated servlet error:
The method handlePageException(Exception) in the type PageContext is not
applicable for the arguments (Throwable)

at org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.JDTCompiler.generateClass(
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(
at org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$

However, when I convert the same files to applets, this problem doesn`t
exist anymore.

I use Java 1.5 and my OS is Windows XP

Does anybody have any idea of what might that mean?

Thanx in advance!
Nick Agianniotis

1 user in discussion

Nick Agianniotis: 1 post