I get these all the time. They don't seem to be
disruptive so I don't worry about them too much. But
the do obscure the valuable output so I would like to
eliminate them if psiible.

Dola

ClientAbortException: java.net.SocketException:
Connection reset by peer: socket write error
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.realWriteBytes(OutputBuffer.java:365)
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.ByteChunk.flushBuffer(ByteChunk.java:403)
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.doFlush(OutputBuffer.java:313)
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.flush(OutputBuffer.java:292)
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteOutputStream.flush(CoyoteOutputStream.java:85)
at
universe.Chartable$PertracStylePerformance.pOutputChart(Chartable.java:226)
at
servlets.ChartGenerator.doGet(ChartGenerator.java:25)
at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
at
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:237)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:214)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
at
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
at
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:825)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:731)
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:526)
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
at
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

  • Fzlists at Jan 25, 2005 at 7:20 pm
    I get those frequently as well, but only in one or two specific places. I've actually factored them out of my code (i.e., if they are thrown, I ignore them instead of allowing them to be logged). As you said, not disruptive, just clogging up the logs.

    As near as I've been able to figure out, they occur when a user clicks stop, or the browser times out, usually it only seems to occur when your "streaming" something to the response object, like a PDF for instance. I too would like to know for sure what causes them, but this is what seems to be the cause.

    --
    Frank W. Zammetti
    Founder and Chief Software Architect

[...]

  • Mladen Turk at Jan 25, 2005 at 7:30 pm

    Dola Woolfe wrote:
    Hi,

    I get these all the time.
    This exception occurs when a client made a request, and before receiving
    the full response, either of the following happened:
    1. client's browser has been closed.
    2. client's connection has been disconnected.
    3. client presses the stop button.
    They don't seem to be
    disruptive so I don't worry about them too much. But
    the do obscure the valuable output so I would like to
    eliminate them if psiible.
    Also when describing a problem it would be a valuable to
    mention at least the Tomcat version and possibly the
    OS you are using.

    Regards,
    Mladen.

  • Dola Woolfe at Jan 25, 2005 at 7:46 pm
    Is there a way to suppress them?

    I'm using TC5.5.4 on XP.

    --- Mladen Turk wrote:
    Dola Woolfe wrote:
    Hi,

    I get these all the time.
    This exception occurs when a client made a request,
    and before receiving
    the full response, either of the following happened:
    1. client's browser has been closed.
    2. client's connection has been disconnected.
    3. client presses the stop button.
    They don't seem to be
    disruptive so I don't worry about them too much. But
    the do obscure the valuable output so I would like to
    eliminate them if psiible.
    Also when describing a problem it would be a
    valuable to
    mention at least the Tomcat version and possibly the
    OS you are using.

    Regards,
    Mladen.

    For additional commands, e-mail:
    tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

  • Mladen Turk at Jan 25, 2005 at 7:50 pm

    Dola Woolfe wrote:
    Is there a way to suppress them?

    I'm using TC5.5.4 on XP.
    Do not use debug log level.

    Mladen.

  • Dola Woolfe at Jan 25, 2005 at 8:38 pm

    Do not use debug log level.

    Mladen.
    Is it this part of of web.xml and should the 6 be
    lowered?

    <servlet>
    <servlet-name>cgi</servlet-name>

    <servlet-class>org.apache.catalina.servlets.CGIServlet</servlet-class>
    <init-param>
    <param-name>debug</param-name>
    <param-value>6</param-value>
    </init-param>