[Tomcat-dev] Script for publishing JARs to Maven Repo done

Filip Hanik - Dev Lists
Jan 5, 2007 at 7:20 pm
I've created a script that publishes our JARs to a Maven repo (in this
first release, the script is for the apache snapshot repository)
all you need to do is, unzip, edit the mvn.properties.default or create
a mvn.properties file and run the ANT script

http://people.apache.org/~fhanik/tomcat-maven-publish.zip

I'd like to include this in our SVN repo, so that when we do a release,
we also publish the JARs when we do a release.
Any thoughts on where to stick it?

you can see my first few test runs at
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/tomcat/

We can also create a 6.0.x-SNAPSHOT version and have nightly builds,
assuming that's how snapshots work.

Filip

reply

  • Yoav Shapira at Jan 5, 2007 at 7:46 pm
    Hi,
    I've created a script that publishes our JARs to a Maven repo (in this
    first release, the script is for the apache snapshot repository)
    all you need to do is, unzip, edit the mvn.properties.default or create
    a mvn.properties file and run the ANT script

    http://people.apache.org/~fhanik/tomcat-maven-publish.zip
    +1, very cool!
    I'd like to include this in our SVN repo, so that when we do a release,
    we also publish the JARs when we do a release.
    Any thoughts on where to stick it?
    build/resources maybe? For 5.5,
    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/build/tc5.5.x/, for 6.0 it's
    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk/res/ .
    We can also create a 6.0.x-SNAPSHOT version and have nightly builds,
    assuming that's how snapshots work.
    That's exactly how snapshots work.

    Yoav

  • Paul McMahan at Jan 5, 2007 at 9:27 pm
    Thanks for setting this up. I'm integrating tomcatv6 into Geronimo
    2.0 so having these jar published in a maven repo is a big help since
    we build using maven. Can you also publish the following jars from
    lib? Geronimo needs them to run an embedded tomcat engine.

    catalina.jar
    catalina-ha.jar
    jasper.jar
    jasper-jdt.jar
    tomcat-coyote.jar

    I can send you a patch for the publish script if that would help.

    Best wishes,
    Paul McMahan
    I've created a script that publishes our JARs to a Maven repo (in this
    first release, the script is for the apache snapshot repository)
    all you need to do is, unzip, edit the mvn.properties.default or create
    a mvn.properties file and run the ANT script

    http://people.apache.org/~fhanik/tomcat-maven-publish.zip

    I'd like to include this in our SVN repo, so that when we do a release,
    we also publish the JARs when we do a release.
    Any thoughts on where to stick it?

    you can see my first few test runs at
    http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/tomcat/

    We can also create a 6.0.x-SNAPSHOT version and have nightly builds,
    assuming that's how snapshots work.

    Filip

  • Filip Hanik - Dev Lists at Jan 6, 2007 at 12:19 am
    I'll add this patch in, that's not a problem, we've already identified
    all dependencies between the jars.

    So if you are integrating TC6, I hope you are not doing it the same way
    they did TC5.5, we've received complaints about that integration,
    about the fact that server.xml is completely redundant but much more
    complex and less documented in the GBean format.

    I was going to, if I had time, simple have tomcat embedded but in such a
    way that configuration files remained the same, even in an embedded version.
    Is this where your head is at too?

    Filip

    Paul McMahan wrote:
[...]

  • Paul McMahan at Jan 7, 2007 at 9:22 pm