[Thrift-user] Python - Compact Protocol

Eugene Doktorov
Sep 27, 2010 at 4:58 pm
Hi all,

I was looking for implementation of Compact Protocol for Python:
Did not find in 0.2.0
Did not find in source code from: git://git.thrift-rpc.org/thrift.git

Googled the topic in question, found this:

Did it make any official release?
I did not find any example in Thrift tutorial neither for C extension
version nor for pure Python one mentioned in the ticket.

Thanks!

Eugene
reply

  • Bryan Duxbury at Sep 27, 2010 at 5:08 pm
    It doesn't look like this was committed yet, but I don't see any reason not
    to. I'll follow up on the issue.
    I was looking for implementation of Compact Protocol for Python:
    Did not find in 0.2.0
    Did not find in source code from: git://git.thrift-rpc.org/thrift.git

    Googled the topic in question, found this:

    Did it make any official release?
    I did not find any example in Thrift tutorial neither for C extension
    version nor for pure Python one mentioned in the ticket.

    Thanks!

    Eugene
  • Eugene Doktorov at Oct 12, 2010 at 1:42 pm
    Got the file. Thanks!
    Works fine using Python client & C++ server.

    The only thing: I had to comment out assert at line 288 of
    TCompactProtocol.py:
    assert self.state == VALUE_READ
    which was raising all the time

    Not sure what it is going to lead to, but tests are running OK so far.

    On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 9:57 AM, Eugene Doktorov <eugene.doktorov@thoora.com
    I was looking for implementation of Compact Protocol for Python:
    Did not find in 0.2.0
    Did not find in source code from: git://git.thrift-rpc.org/thrift.git

    Googled the topic in question, found this:

    Did it make any official release?
    I did not find any example in Thrift tutorial neither for C extension
    version nor for pure Python one mentioned in the ticket.

    Thanks!

    Eugene

Eugene Doktorov: 2 posts Bryan Duxbury: 1 post