Hello,
I have been using subversion for while now and without problems.

But recently when I was trying to commit my changes (svn commit -m "DeFrac final changes"),
from my local working copy, I got the following error message:

svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: Unable to open an ra_local session to URL
svn: Unable to open repository 'file:///ENGDATA/DeFRAC/defracdev/repository/maintv2/trunk'
svn: Error opening db lockfile
svn: Can't get shared lock on file '/ENGDATA/DeFRAC/defracdev/repository/locks/db.lock': No locks available

I tried to issue the recover subcommand (svnadmin recover /altroot/ENGDATA/DeFRAC/defracdev/repository), but
still I received the following message:

Repository lock acquired.
Please wait; recovering the repository may take some time...

Recovery completed.
svn: Error opening db lockfile
svn: Can't get shared lock on file '/altroot/ENGDATA/DeFRAC/defracdev/repository/locks/db.lock': No locks available

I would appreciate your help.

Many thanks
Paolo

Paolo Giuliani

Reactor Physics Group
Nuclear Technology Branch
EDF Energy
Barnett Way
Barnwood
Gloucester
GL4 3RS

* Tel: 01452 654346 (Internal 777 4346)
* Fax: 01452 654916

* E-mail: paolo.giuliani@edf-energy.com
http://www.edfenergy.com - Powering the low carbon generation

Ask yourself whether you need a hard copy. If you do, print it double sided

This e-mail, and any attachments, is confidential and for the use of the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, please telephone +44 (0) 1355 846000. We do not accept legal responsibility for this e-mail or any viruses. All e-mails sent and received by us are monitored. Contracts cannot be concluded with us by e-mail.
This message has been sent from EDF Energy Nuclear Generation Ltd , a company registered in England and Wales No. 03076445, with registered office at Barnett Way, Barnwood, Gloucester, GL4 3RS.

Search Discussions

  • Andreas Stieger at Jul 2, 2014 at 4:03 pm
    svn: Unable to open an ra_local session to URL
    svn: Unable to open repository 'file:///ENGDATA/DeFRAC/defracdev/repository/maintv2/trunk'
    svn: Error opening db lockfile
    svn: Can't get shared lock on file '/ENGDATA/DeFRAC/defracdev/repository/locks/db.lock': No locks available

    I tried to issue the recover subcommand (svnadmin recover /altroot/ENGDATA/DeFRAC/defracdev/repository), but
    still I received the following message:

    Repository lock acquired.
    Please wait; recovering the repository may take some time...

    Recovery completed.
    svn: Error opening db lockfile
    svn: Can't get shared lock on file '/altroot/ENGDATA/DeFRAC/defracdev/repository/locks/db.lock': No locks available
    Looks like a remote file system? If so, which file system or file protocol is that? Does it support locking?

    The recovery is not related to the inability to get a file system lock.

    Note that the file:// access scheme is intended for local repositories and debugging, and you may want to consider a server.

    As always, as you have not given a version, a current svn version may contain a fix for your problem.

    Andreas

groupusers @
categoriessubversion
postedJul 2, '14 at 2:58p
activeJul 2, '14 at 4:03p
websitesubversion.apache.org
irc#svn

2 users in discussion

Giuliani Paolo: 1 post Andreas Stieger: 1 post