[Struts-user] Accessing variable in View [S 1.3.8]

Anjib Mulepati
Oct 3, 2011 at 6:24 pm
Hi All,

I was wondering is there any way to read and store value of beans in JSP
using Struts 1.3.8. I need this to pass the parameter as follow.

<logic:iterate id="group" name="groupList">
name="del" /></td>
here*"><bean:write name="group" property="groupName" /></html:link> </td>
</logic:iterate>

Thanks,
Anjib

reply

Search Discussions

1 response

  • Li Ying at Oct 4, 2011 at 1:36 am
    I took a quick look at Struts1 document.

    Looks like the following information can help:
    http://struts.apache.org/1.x/struts-taglib/tagreference.html#html:link

    ========= START =========

    To specify a single parameter, use the paramId attribute to define the
    name of the request parameter to be submitted. To specify the
    corresponding value, use one of the following approaches:

    Specify only the paramName attribute - The named JSP bean
    (optionally scoped by the value of the paramScope attribute) must
    identify a value that can be converted to a String.
    Specify both the paramName and paramProperty attributes - The
    specified property getter method will be called on the JSP bean
    identified by the paramName (and optional paramScope) attributes, in
    order to select a value that can be converted to a String.

    If you prefer to specify a java.util.Map that contains all of the
    request parameters to be added to the hyperlink, use one of the
    following techniques:

    Specify only the name attribute - The named JSP bean (optionally
    scoped by the value of the scope attribute) must identify a
    java.util.Map containing the parameters.
    Specify both name and property attributes - The specified property
    getter method will be called on the bean identified by the name (and
    optional scope) attributes, in order to return the java.util.Map
    containing the parameters.

    As the Map is processed, the keys are assumed to be the names of query
    parameters to be appended to the hyperlink. The value associated with
    each key must be either a String or a String array representing the
    parameter value(s), or an object whose toString() method will be
    called. If a String array is specified, more than one value for the
    same query parameter name will be created.