[Struts-user] problem in populating Maps

Ravi_eze
Feb 21, 2008 at 3:19 pm
hi,

I am trying to populate a LinkedHashMap located in a DTO from a
<s:textfield.. /> When i turn on the debug mode i seed the following error
on the console:

ERROR (com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ParametersInterceptor:199) -
Developer Notification (set struts.devMode to false to disable this
message):
Error setting expression 'currentEvent.excludeRulesValues['dd']' with value
'[Ljava.lang.String;@1f09665'
424209 [http-8080-Processor24] ERROR
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ParametersInterceptor - Developer
Notification (set struts.devMode to false to disable this message):

I am using the following syntax in the jsp:
< td >
Ignore people who have been given >= <s:textfield
name="current.rules['dd']" />
offers previously from EDS< /td >

The action class is having current defined as a Dto with getters and
setters, and rules is the LinkedHashMap defined in the DTO with getters and
setters. The constructor of the Action class instantiates the 'current'
variable and constructor of Dto instantiates the 'rules' variable of DTO.

and in the textbox generated i entered dd as the input text.

Any ideas why this is not working???

regards,
ravi
reply

  • Martin Gainty at Feb 24, 2008 at 3:07 pm
    1)
    its possible the link does'nt have that returned object mapped
    you may want to consider doing a quick test of the object beforehand with
    linkObject.containsValue(ReturnedObject)
    http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/util/LinkedHashMap.html#containsV
    alue(java.lang.Object)

    2)
    it is quite possible you have *may* a stale TO
    http://java.sun.com/blueprints/corej2eepatterns/Patterns/TransferObject.html
    have you considered using a factory with Timestamps/Versions to either
    quiesce the old TOs or somehow update old contents with new?

    3)s:textfield
    Whichever value is being returned from the LinkedMap's value has to not have
    these embedded chars
    =
    ,
    #
    :

    M-
[...]

  • Dave Newton at Feb 24, 2008 at 3:38 pm

    --- Martin Gainty wrote:
    2) it is quite possible you have *may* a stale TO
    http://java.sun.com/blueprints/corej2eepatterns/Patterns/TransferObject.html
    have you considered using a factory with Timestamps/Versions to either
    quiesce the old TOs or somehow update old contents with new?
    That's unlikely; the error is this:
    Error setting expression 'currentEvent.excludeRulesValues['dd']' with
    value '[Ljava.lang.String;@1f09665'
    which looks more like it's trying to set a single String with a String[].
    3)s:textfield Whichever value is being returned from the
    LinkedMap's value has to not have these embedded chars
    = , # :
    Why not? I don't have any issues using those characters as map values or
    displaying (or submitting) them in <s:textfield...>s.

    Dave

  • Maxx at Feb 27, 2008 at 3:19 pm