[Struts-dev] Heads up on maven-jar-plugin change

Wendy Smoak
Sep 5, 2006 at 2:30 am
Version 2.1 of the Maven Jar Plugin was just released, and the default
jar file manifest has changed.

See: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAR-57

If you want the Specification and Implementation details listed, this
configuration needs to be added to the pom:

<plugin>
<configuration>
<archive>
<manifest>

<addDefaultSpecificationEntries>true</addDefaultSpecificationEntries>

<addDefaultImplementationEntries>true</addDefaultImplementationEntries>
</manifest>
</archive>
</configuration>
</plugin>

--
Wendy

reply

  • Brett Porter at Sep 5, 2006 at 2:32 am
    ... but you probably don't want the default, and should specify your own. :)

    I think the defaults in this version are more sensible than last time,
    where they were blatantly incorrect. But they probably still require
    some customisation.

    - Brett
    Version 2.1 of the Maven Jar Plugin was just released, and the default
    jar file manifest has changed.

    See: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAR-57

    If you want the Specification and Implementation details listed, this
    configuration needs to be added to the pom:

    <plugin>
    <configuration>
    <archive>
    <manifest>

    <addDefaultSpecificationEntries>true</addDefaultSpecificationEntries>

    <addDefaultImplementationEntries>true</addDefaultImplementationEntries>
    </manifest>
    </archive>
    </configuration>
    </plugin>

    --
    Wendy

    Apache Maven - http://maven.apache.org
    "Better Builds with Maven" book - http://library.mergere.com/

  • Wendy Smoak at Sep 5, 2006 at 2:47 am

    ... but you probably don't want the default, and should specify your own. :)

    I think the defaults in this version are more sensible than last time,
    where they were blatantly incorrect. But they probably still require
    some customisation.
    This at least gets us back where we were until the plugin site is
    updated so I can figure out how to customize it.

    --
    Wendy

  • Brett Porter at Sep 5, 2006 at 2:53 am
    http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-manifest.html