So, what is *the status* os OSUNIX now? I could blog some about it,
given the uncertain times with OpenSolaris, it is a great moment to gain
attention, I believe.

Regards

Damian Wojs?aw

Search Discussions

  • C. Bergström at Apr 14, 2010 at 7:21 am

    Damian Wojs?aw wrote:
    So, what is *the status* os OSUNIX now? I could blog some about it,
    given the uncertain times with OpenSolaris, it is a great moment to
    gain attention, I believe.
    Hi Damian,

    I think it's great others are still interested in OSUNIX.

    Unfortunately, the last status update by Piotr (estibi) is the most
    recent. The iso builds, boots and we have a solid core.

    I have a full time position at PathScale which consumes all my time, but
    what I can offer is that x86/AMD64/Intel64 alpha/beta releases of our
    compiler will be open source and stable enough to serve any basic needs
    for an open source community. (Build boot the osol kernel, onnv-gate.. etc)

    We need someone who is good with python and able/willing to work with
    others. I'm happy to see if I can get funding to put small bounties on
    work if we can stir more interest. (If any other companies are willing
    to pitch in maybe the combined efforts could get the ball really rolling)

    ./C
  • Damian Wojsław at Apr 14, 2010 at 7:45 am

[...]

    Khm

    Python is on my todo related to actual job, so please, give me a list of
    tasks to be scripted, we can think of something.

    Regards

    Damian "MadWizard" Wojs?aw
  • C. Bergström at Apr 14, 2010 at 7:51 am

    Damian Wojs?aw wrote:
[...]

    There's a regression recently introduce in the main build zone which
    needs to be debugged.

    Beyond this there's this list.. [1]

    1) *Add zfs BE and snapshot capability to smart package manager (1 day)
    2) *Add zfs BE and snapshot capability to pkgcore (1 day)
    3) On install of packages have smartpm update pkgcore's file and package
    database
    4) On install of packages have pkgcore update smartpm's file and package
    database
    5) Add ediff support to pkgcore. This is needed so that we can to do 32
    and 64 bit releases (1 day)
    6) Make sure pkgcore doesn't wrongly "fix" permissions on /etc and other
    places
    7) Create installer for OSUNIX distro (Modify zfsinstall script?)
    8) Make sure /dev and /devices is correctly setup for install.
    zfsinstall or SUNWcsd shows what's needed (part of installer)

    [1] http://www.osunix.org/docs/DOC-1010

    ./C
  • Damian Wojsław at Apr 14, 2010 at 7:54 am
    1) *Add zfs BE and snapshot capability to smart package manager (1 day)
    2) *Add zfs BE and snapshot capability to pkgcore (1 day)
    3) On install of packages have smartpm update pkgcore's file and package
    database
    4) On install of packages have pkgcore update smartpm's file and package
    database
    5) Add ediff support to pkgcore. This is needed so that we can to do 32
    and 64 bit releases (1 day)
    6) Make sure pkgcore doesn't wrongly "fix" permissions on /etc and other
    places
    7) Create installer for OSUNIX distro (Modify zfsinstall script?)
    8) Make sure /dev and /devices is correctly setup for install.
    zfsinstall or SUNWcsd shows what's needed (part of installer)

    [1] http://www.osunix.org/docs/DOC-1010

    ./C
    Ok, let me take a few days peek at this, we will see if I'm good at
    anything.

    regards

    Damian Wojs?aw
  • Damian Wojsław at Apr 14, 2010 at 8:04 am