I read several blogs about MySQL performances on (Open)Solaris.
Of these, this one in particular:
http://developers.sun.com/solaris/articles/time_stamp.html
And I wondered if the time() system call (which the libfasttime proposes
to replace) in (Open)Solaris had not been significantly improved since
the article publication (/November 23, 2004/), since I cannot reproduce
the timings there with truss today (but maybe my MySQL is not busy enough).
The original author is no longer accessible through the e-mail address
present in the article, I already tried.

I guess using mtmalloc might still apply though, but don't know the
recommended usage on OSUNIX/Nexenta (linking or using LD_* envvars).

Thanks