Should we move the main ONNV gate to genunix.org to prevent IBM from
shutting down Opensolaris?

Jenny
--
Jennifer Pioch, Uni Frankfurt

Search Discussions

  • Bill Sommerfeld at Mar 24, 2009 at 6:53 pm

    On Tue, 2009-03-24 at 19:35 +0100, Jennifer Pioch wrote:
    Should we move the main ONNV gate to genunix.org to prevent .... from
    shutting down Opensolaris?
    One of the advantages of a distributed SCM system like Mercurial is that
    every clone is a full copy of the source tree and can become a new root
    if the contributing developers agree.

    Every full clone of onnv-gate in existence could serve as the seed for a
    new project; if the current "main tree" is destroyed or damaged,
    developers merely need to identify one of the clones as the new main
    tree and keep going.

    - Bill
  • Cyril Plisko at Mar 24, 2009 at 7:06 pm