Hi all..

J?rg and I had a really interesting conversation last night and I wanted
to publicly share my progress and hope J?rg and others can write down
more details so we can start to make an actual plan.

To start this is the list of symbols/functions that I know are left in
32bit libc that need reimplementing.. (need to noop them and see if
there's anything behind, but....)

_putwc pics/putwchar.o
_scrwidth pics/doprnt.o
wcstombs pics/strtows.o
strcoll pics/scandir.o
__iswlower
/onnv-gate/proto/root_i386/lib/libc_i18n.a(iswctype.o)
strftime pics/cftime.o
fnmatch pics/glob.o
__mbst_get_lc_and_fp pics/doprnt_w.o
_set_orientation_wide pics/__fputwc_xpg5.o

---------------

I can make a reproducible way to get this far in my packaging system or
something more generic if needed.. Roughly I did this..
clone onnv-gate..
Get the 2007 opensolaris gsoc project from John Sonnenschein
If you're using sun cc then you'll have to make some changes to the fbsd
code
gatetome.patch will need some changes. (this should be obvious)
copy the resulting libc.a into the correct place
build lib/libc

Once the project I'm working on boots and pulls network I'll release a
livecd with as much of a development environment as will fit..

Thanks

./Christopher

Search Discussions

  • Mark Martin at Jan 8, 2009 at 9:16 pm

    C. Bergstr?m wrote:
    Hi all..

    J?rg and I had a really interesting conversation last night and I
    wanted to publicly share my progress and hope J?rg and others can
    write down more details so we can start to make an actual plan.

    To start this is the list of symbols/functions that I know are left in
    32bit libc that need reimplementing.. (need to noop them and see if
    there's anything behind, but....)

    _putwc pics/putwchar.o
    _scrwidth pics/doprnt.o
    wcstombs pics/strtows.o
    strcoll pics/scandir.o
    __iswlower
    /onnv-gate/proto/root_i386/lib/libc_i18n.a(iswctype.o)
    strftime pics/cftime.o
    fnmatch pics/glob.o
    __mbst_get_lc_and_fp pics/doprnt_w.o
    _set_orientation_wide pics/__fputwc_xpg5.o

    ---------------
    Good work, thanks guys!
    I can make a reproducible way to get this far in my packaging system
    or something more generic if needed.. Roughly I did this..
    clone onnv-gate..
    Get the 2007 opensolaris gsoc project from John Sonnenschein
    If you're using sun cc then you'll have to make some changes to the
    fbsd code
    gatetome.patch will need some changes. (this should be obvious)
    copy the resulting libc.a into the correct place
    build lib/libc

    Once the project I'm working on boots and pulls network I'll release a
    livecd with as much of a development environment as will fit..
    Which architectures? Is this a hint at another distro or is this
    OpenSolaris(tm) 2009.1/64bit clean?
  • Christopher Bergström at Jan 8, 2009 at 9:32 pm

    Mark Martin wrote:
    C. Bergstr?m wrote:
[...]

    By the project I just meant my modular onnv-gate work.. pushing that
    into a livecd shouldn't be too hard and I think for the curious it would
    make things a lot easier.. (Yes I am working on 64bit clean, but that's
    another thread)

    ./C
  • Joerg Schilling at Jan 9, 2009 at 3:34 pm

    "C. Bergstr?m" wrote:
    I can make a reproducible way to get this far in my packaging system or
    something more generic if needed.. Roughly I did this..
    clone onnv-gate..
    Get the 2007 opensolaris gsoc project from John Sonnenschein
    If you're using sun cc then you'll have to make some changes to the fbsd
    Could you please post a URL fot the code?

    J?rg

    --
    EMail:joerg@schily.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de (home) J?rg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
    js@cs.tu-berlin.de (uni)

    Joerg Schilling wrote:
    "C. Bergstr?m" wrote:

    I can make a reproducible way to get this far in my packaging system or
    something more generic if needed.. Roughly I did this..
    clone onnv-gate..
    Get the 2007 opensolaris gsoc project from John Sonnenschein
    If you're using sun cc then you'll have to make some changes to the fbsd
    Could you please post a URL fot the code?
    18n Emancipation Project
    http://google-summer-of-code-2007-opensolaris.googlecode.com/files/John_Sonnenschein.tar.gz

    (I've not looked at this, but while I'm there grabbing links may as well
    include it)
    Porting fft
    http://google-summer-of-code-2007-opensolaris.googlecode.com/files/RaymondThomas_Harper.tar.gz
  • Joerg Schilling at Jan 12, 2009 at 4:09 pm

    "C. Bergstr?m" wrote:

    Could you please post a URL fot the code?
    18n Emancipation Project
    http://google-summer-of-code-2007-opensolaris.googlecode.com/files/John_Sonnenschein.tar.gz

    (I've not looked at this, but while I'm there grabbing links may as well
    include it)
    Porting fft
    http://google-summer-of-code-2007-opensolaris.googlecode.com/files/RaymondThomas_Harper.tar.gz
    This is extremely few code from John.

    I thought he did nore.....

    J?rg

    --
    EMail:joerg@schily.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de (home) J?rg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
    js@cs.tu-berlin.de (uni)
  • Christopher Bergström at Jan 12, 2009 at 10:21 pm

    Joerg Schilling wrote:
    "C. Bergstr?m" wrote:

    Could you please post a URL fot the code?
    18n Emancipation Project
    http://google-summer-of-code-2007-opensolaris.googlecode.com/files/John_Sonnenschein.tar.gz

    (I've not looked at this, but while I'm there grabbing links may as well
    include it)
    Porting fft
    http://google-summer-of-code-2007-opensolaris.googlecode.com/files/RaymondThomas_Harper.tar.gz
    This is extremely few code from John.

    I thought he did nore.....
    Yes well.. I'm much more interested in your comments of how to implement
    c locale/ISO8859-x for those missing functions... There's also redoing
    this using netbsd citrus [1] or going and stealing more from fbsd..
    Which makes more sense I don't know.. I've not worked with citrus to
    know if it meets our general requirements at all, but Patrick/oxygene
    pointed me at [2] that shows how they've used it to implement wcstombs..
    Looks very clean.. Suggestions/comments?

    ./C

    [1] http://citrus.bsdclub.org/index-en.html
    [2]
    http://opengrok.netbsd.org/source/xref/lib/libc/locale/multibyte_c90.c#95