I am really not sure what does it take for Padre, the Perl IDE to become
an EPO project but I'd appreciate if you considered voting it to become
one and then start promote it through the regular channels.
(Mentioning it on the EPO web site, creating a beer mat etc.)

As to the why would Padre be important to the Enlightened or Modern
Perl movement.

Padre is the first modern open source development environment for Perl
that allows people not familiar with vi/emacs to write high quality Perl code.

Having a built in graphical debugger, an editor (and soon debugger) for
regular expression, context sensitive help both for core perl functions
and for CPAN modules, class browser, context aware auto completion,
refactoring tools for Perl will soon turn Padre into the leading platform
to write Perl on.

Not only this but Padre can be a tool to make it easy to start using other
EPO supported projects. See the Catalyst plugin of Padre.

Uh I am bad at writing promotional material...

Gabor

Search Discussions

  • Gabor Szabo at Feb 13, 2010 at 10:48 pm
    only two votes?

    You wouldn't have to bend my arm too hard to vote for Padre.
[...]

    Kiffin Gish <Kiffin.Gish@planet.nl>
    Gouda, The Netherlands
  • Jay Kuri at Feb 14, 2010 at 1:19 am
    what? I'm awake!

[...]