Hey all,
This list seems to have stalled in the past couple of months s I
thought I would re-awaken it. What are our plans for marketing going
to be in the next year. How about we set ourselves a goal and then
perhaps foister it on someone to make it happen (our new resident Evil
Director who is keen on promoting seems good) :)

My thoughts are:
1. Work out a combined image for Perl - should it be the font as has
been suggested or the logo - do we use the Onion/Camel or perhaps a
new one that we get a design for - get it agreed on and then Creative
Commons the licence so we can all use it.
2. Get articles on Perl into the magazines again
3. Get Perl back into the colleges - aiming for a syllabus change
would be hard - but lets get it in magazines/web pages etc., that
computer science grads are reading

Please pitch in or I will come round with my little Kwickie Ba - you
have been warned

Mark

Mark Keating BA (Hons) | Writer, Photographer, Cat-Herder
Managing Director | Shadowcat Systems Limited
Director/Secretary | Enlightened Perl Organisation
co-Leader | North West England Perl Mongers
http://www.shadowcat.co.uk | http://www.enlightenedperl.org
http://northwestengland.pm.org | http://linkedin.com/in/markkeating

Search Discussions

  • Denny at Aug 14, 2009 at 1:19 pm