Hi all,
I am a newbie trying rabbitmq.
my setup is the following:
running a windows host with three virtual machines running centos 5.9 and have them in a host only network.
I have rabbitmq server 3.0.3 installed in all three vm's along with erlang (named the nodes rabbit1 at localhost,rabbit2 at localhost,rabbit3 at localhost)
I also have added an init.d script (pic 4) that starts rabbitmq when the node starts.
After reading the tutorials, I was able to make the three separate vm's work. (created a java application to test them and works fine). The problems started when I tried to cluster the three nodes.
I understand you need to make sure your chosen erlang cookie is copied to all the nodes that will be in the cluster so I made sure of that as well.
I get the expected results when I do?rabbitmq-server -detached ,rabbitmqctl cluster_status.(shown in the second picture) on the three nodes
but when I try to join a cluster, I get: Error: Cannot discover cluster."the nodes provided are either offline or not running". (same thing for the other two)
I am not exactly sure what I'm missing (I also have no idea how to change the status of my node in the Rabbitmq_management from disc to connected)
Pleease help!!!
I have added more pics to hopefuly make it easier to pinpoint what I'm doing wrong.
Any help will be greatly appreciated..:)