Hi,

With the help of the guys at MassTransit Project<http://masstransit-project.com/>we have created a system that leverages the power of RabbitMQ to create an
ESB in our staging environment. We are now in the processes of final
testing and have hit a small snag.

One of the key decision makers in the company is worried about deploying
RabbitMQ onto our production servers due to its reliance on Erlang and
possible reliance on Java. (we are a predominantly Microsoft house).

So my questions are twofold.

    - Does RabbitMQ rely on Java?
       - With VMWare's purchase
       <http://www.vmware.com/company/news/releases/spring-rabbitmq.html>of
       RabbitMQ are there future plans to only ship a vFabric
       <http://pubs.vmware.com/vfabric5/index.jsp?topic=/com.vmware.vfabric.rabbitmq.2.4/install.html>like
       version of RabbitMQ that would require Java or are the plans to remain Java
       free for the forseable future?
    - What security risks (if any) are there when running Erlang and
    RabbitMQ on a Windows server

Thanks in advance for the help.
Brendan

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Search Discussions

  • Alexis Richardson at Jun 24, 2013 at 6:42 am
    Brendan,

    Rabbit does not rely on Java and there are no plans to change this.
    There are JVM based clients of course, but those are not required for
    .NET-only use cases.

    I'll leave the security qn for someone else to answer.

    alexis

    With the help of the guys at MassTransit Project we have created a system
    that leverages the power of RabbitMQ to create an ESB in our staging
    environment. We are now in the processes of final testing and have hit a
    small snag.

    One of the key decision makers in the company is worried about deploying
    RabbitMQ onto our production servers due to its reliance on Erlang and
    possible reliance on Java. (we are a predominantly Microsoft house).

    So my questions are twofold.

    Does RabbitMQ rely on Java?

    With VMWare's purchase of RabbitMQ are there future plans to only ship a
    vFabric like version of RabbitMQ that would require Java or are the plans to
    remain Java free for the forseable future?

    What security risks (if any) are there when running Erlang and RabbitMQ on a
    Windows server

    Thanks in advance for the help.
    Brendan

  • Brendan Fry at Jun 24, 2013 at 7:08 am
    Thanks for the info Alexis.

    We know about JVM based clients, so are just trying to ease the minds of
    the decision makers before we *accidentally* bring down the live
    environment with a Java update. :P

    Looking forward to the discussions about Erlang security on Windows, since
    it is something that we know very little about.

    Cheers