Using RMQ 3.0.2 / Erlang R14B04

I'm having difficulty deleting a specific vhost. When attempting to delete
I receive the message below. Other vhosts do not appear to have this same
issue.

Would appreciate any guidance on where to start troubleshooting ...

Delete this vhost

HTTP APICommand LineUpdate
Last update: 2013-06-19 14:41:20

Got response code 500 with body
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an error while processing this request:
{throw,
     {error,
         {{badmatch,
              {error_string,
                  "Validation failed\n\nname not recognised: undefined\n"}},
          [{rabbit_vhost,'-internal_delete/1-lc$^1/1-1-',2},
           {rabbit_vhost,internal_delete,1},
           {rabbit_vhost,'-delete/1-fun-0-',1},
           {mnesia_tm,apply_fun,3},
           {mnesia_tm,execute_transaction,5},
           {rabbit_misc,'-execute_mnesia_transaction/1-fun-0-',1},
           {worker_pool_worker,handle_call,3},
           {gen_server2,handle_msg,2}]}},
     [{rabbit_misc,execute_mnesia_transaction,1},
      {rabbit_mgmt_wm_vhost,delete_resource,2},
      {webmachine_resource,resource_call,3},
      {webmachine_resource,do,3},
      {webmachine_decision_core,resource_call,1},
      {webmachine_decision_core,decision,1},
      {webmachine_decision_core,handle_request,2},
      {rabbit_webmachine,'-makeloop/1-fun-0-',2}]}
mochiweb+webmachine web server
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Search Discussions

  • Austinnichols at Jun 19, 2013 at 8:24 pm
    OK - I was able to figure this one out. The solution wasn't easy, but may
    help someone in the future.

    I believe the core problem was a partially/mis-configured federation setup.

    I exported my config to json, stopped RMQ then deleted (renamed .bad) the
    mnesia folder.

    When I restarted I re-imported my config and found that I had the same
    problem as before. OK - it's something in the config...

    I then went through the config json and CAREFULLY removed any references to
    my 'bad' vhost. There were a few problem areas:

    1. Parameters node - several entries pertained to federation and when I
    went through the admin gui I couldn't remove the settings. Deleted from
    the .json
    2. There were a couple of admin users with rights to the vHost that
    remained after the vhost was deleted.

    I cleared out mnesia again, restarted, imported my json and I'm now up and
    running.

    I was also having a problem turning on tracing (rabbitmqctl trace_on -p
    myVhost) which would hang on this specific vhost. Once I uploaded my clean
    config I was able to enable trace without issues.

[...]

  • Simon MacMullen at Jun 20, 2013 at 9:44 am
    Hi. There are a couple of bugs in config json vs policies and parameters
    vs vhosts. Some have been fixed already, and some will be fixed in the
    next release.

    Cheers, Simon

[...]

    Simon MacMullen
    RabbitMQ, Pivotal
  • Umutcan at Jun 20, 2013 at 12:24 pm
    Hi,

    I am using AMQP extension of PHP in order to publish messages. I want my
    application to run whether it publish messages or not. So it must not
    wait too long to send messages to RabbitMQ server. setTimeout() method
    is working fine when server is running even if any of the alarms is
    true. But, it is not working if RabbitMQ server is stopped. Publisher
    can connect to the machine that hosts the server due to security
    settings, but connection hangs for a long time until it throws an
    exception which gives an socket error message.

    How can I solve this problem? Is there any idea?

    Umutcan Onal
  • Michael Klishin at Jun 20, 2013 at 12:42 pm
    But, it is not working if RabbitMQ server is stopped. Publisher can
    connect to the machine that hosts the server due to security settings, but
    connection hangs for a long time until it throws an exception which gives
    an socket error message.

    Clients should make socket timeouts configurable. If the PHP client you're
    using does not,
    file an issue with it.

    Alternatively, try to see if you can obtain a reference to the socket and
    set socket options on it
    yourself.

grouprabbitmq-discuss @
categoriesrabbitmq