Hi,
I don't know if this is the place to ask for a new small feature in rabbitmq
but I will try.

When I send an empty string as a queue name in the creation it creates a
queue with a random name.
So far so good.

Now, in order to check the stability of the server I check the active
queues every now and then.
I then get a list of randomly named queues.

What I want is the ability to add a prefix in the queue constructor so it
will add the random name after that.
Then I will know which randomly named queues belong to which area in my
systems.

Alternatively, I would like to have another attribute to the queues which
will hold a name that I could use.

Either which will help me a lot to arrange my randomly named queues.

Thanks.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Search Discussions

  • Alvaro Videla at Apr 20, 2011 at 7:39 am
    Hi,

    Queues with names randomly generated by the server have this prefix: "amq.gen-"

    Does that help?

    -Alvaro
    I don't know if this is the place to ask for a new small feature in rabbitmq but I will try.

    When I send an empty string as a queue name in the creation it creates a queue with a random name.
    So far so good.

    Now, in order to check the stability of the server I check the active queues every now and then.
    I then get a list of randomly named queues.

    What I want is the ability to add a prefix in the queue constructor so it will add the random name after that.
    Then I will know which randomly named queues belong to which area in my systems.

    Alternatively, I would like to have another attribute to the queues which will hold a name that I could use.

    Either which will help me a lot to arrange my randomly named queues.

    Thanks.

    Sent form my Nokia 1100
  • Mysurf mail at Apr 20, 2011 at 9:21 am
    Thanks for the reply .
    I am aware of it but when the system starts running and all the clients are
    loaded in their computers I look at the queues and get something like that
    (And usualy a lot more )

    amq.gen-e6P2EpkGILdyipBFgyL8Og== 5
    amq.gen-ei6+QWU2xEZ5rksix82WOg== 0
    amq.gen-1k/o9ZMzPOUD/OTrPu+tLQ== 0
    amq.gen-e126P2kGILdyipBFgyL8Og== 5
    amq.gen-ei612+U2xEZ5rksix82WOg== 0
    amq.gen-1k9ZMzP12OUD/OTrPu+tLQ== 0
    amq.gen-e6pkGI3Ld12yipBFgyL8Og== 5
    amq.gen-ei6+QWxEZ5rks12ix82WOg== 0
    amq.gen-1k/o9ZzPOUD3/OTrPu+tLQ== 0

    Now for maintenance reason I would love to add prefix for each group
    or subject in my system.

[...]

  • Matthias Radestock at Apr 20, 2011 at 9:34 am