Grokbase Groups R r-help June 2016
Dear R users,

Can anyone help me with mann-kendall trend test? I tried to use the newest
packages 'trend', and the function mk.test, but had problems in applying
the input data.

For example, res <- mk.test(Nile), Nile is a time-series data. But when I
use my dataset, with one column which is a time-series data, it says
"error: input must be ts object". How to do this? Thanks for your help.

  [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Search Discussions

  • Jeff Newmiller at Jun 17, 2016 at 9:58 pm
    Not reproducible. Use dput to generate R code form of your data along with the code that gave you the error, and set the email to plain text only when you send it so it doesn't get corrupted when the html is stripped on the mailing list.

    Can anyone help me with mann-kendall trend test? I tried to use the
    newest
    packages 'trend', and the function mk.test, but had problems in
    applying
    the input data.

    For example, res <- mk.test(Nile), Nile is a time-series data. But when
    use my dataset, with one column which is a time-series data, it says
    "error: input must be ts object". How to do this? Thanks for your help.

    [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

      [[alternative HTML version deleted]]
  • Morteza Firouzi at Jun 17, 2016 at 10:16 pm
    Dear,
    You have to store your data as a Time-Series (ts), first.?To define a column of data as ts, you may use this:
    library(timeSeries)Nile <- read.csv(file.choose(), header=F)#If your data is monthly, you may define the frequency as 12, for annual ts set freq. as 1.
    #If your data starts from for e.g., 1990, then:NileTS <- ts(Nile, frequency=1, start=c(1990,1))#To plot the time seriesplot.ts(NileTS)
    Morteza
    ?