Grokbase Groups R r-help June 2016
I am trying to use twitter package. I got? below error?while authentication.
setup_twitter_oauth(api_key,api_secret,access_token, access_token_secret)
[1] "Using direct authentication"
Error in check_twitter_oauth() : OAuth authentication error:
This most likely means that you have incorrectly called setup_twitter_oauth()'
I am using windows machine. Please find below code and software details;
library("twitteR")
library(httr)
library(ROAuth)
download.file(url="http://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem", destfile="cacert.pem")
api_key? <-"xxx"
api_secret? <- "xxx"
access_token? <- " xxx"
access_token_secret? <- "xxx"
setup_twitter_oauth(api_key,api_secret,access_token, access_token_secret)
R version : Ri386 3.3.0R studio:??0.99.902?
Thanks,Seema
  [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Search Discussions

  • Jeff Newmiller at Jun 15, 2016 at 1:35 pm
    I have never used that package, but the error message seems clear. You need to use the correct arguments to the setup_twitter_oauth function, and that requires that you interact with twitter parsonally to obtain appropriate credentials. While someone here may be able to give you a pointer as to how to do that, Google is probably a more appropriate way to start learning about that because it involves a legal agreement between you and twitter and has nothing to do with R and we are not lawyers representing twitter or you.

[...]

groupr-help @
categoriesr
postedJun 15, '16 at 4:46a
activeJun 15, '16 at 1:35p
websiter-project.org
irc#r

2 users in discussion

Jeff Newmiller: 1 post Seema Shelke: 1 post