Grokbase Groups R r-help August 2012
Hi All,

has anyone run into maximum depth of nested JSON arrays in either rjson or
RJSONIO ?

I seem to be able to get up to 10 depth levels without problem, but
crossing over to 11 either causes an error or fails to load the nodes
properly.

with RJSONIO I tried:

a = fromJSON('data/myJSON.json', depth=1000)

but I still get this error:

Error in fromJSON(content, handler, default.size, depth, allowComments, :
Invalid JSON Node

The JSON file loads correctly until I add this node at the 10th level of an
existing node (note all of my nodes have this exact format:

"node3": {...},
"node4":{
"nodeName":"nodeName4",
"nodeType":"object",
"nodeDeps":["nodeNames"],
"nodeDefaults":["NULL"],
"nodeDef":{
"node4":{
"nodeName":"nodeName5",
"nodeType":"object",
"nodeDeps":["nodeNames"],
"nodeDefaults":["NULL"],
"nodeDef":["a=1"],
"nodeOutput":["a"],
"nodeX":1,
"nodeY":1
}
},
"node5":{...}

Where {..} denotes a node structure which has a JSON array at the field
nodeDef, i.e. [item, item, item]

Theo

Search Discussions

  • Noia Raindrops at Aug 24, 2012 at 10:11 pm
    Hi,

    You missed a close bracket.

    node4:{
    nodeDef:{