Grokbase Groups R r-help July 2012

[R] Variance Inflation factor

Hui Du
Jul 11, 2012 at 10:10 pm
Hi All,

I need to calculate VIF (variance inflation factor) for my linear regression model. I found there was a function named vif in 'HH' package. I have two questions:

1) I was able to install that package in my R under windows. But while trying to install that package in UNIX, I got error:

Package HH is not available.

Does somebody know why?

2) Does somebody know the other way to calculate vif in R?

Many thanks.
HXD
reply

  • Jorge I Velez at Jul 11, 2012 at 10:19 pm
    See the examples at

    # install.pacages('car')
    require(car)
    ?vif

    HTH,
    Jorge.-

    I need to calculate VIF (variance inflation factor) for my linear
    regression model. I found there was a function named vif in 'HH' package.
    I have two questions:

    1) I was able to install that package in my R under windows. But
    while trying to install that package in UNIX, I got error:

    Package HH is not available.

    Does somebody know why?

    2) Does somebody know the other way to calculate vif in R?

    Many thanks.
    HXD

    [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

  • Hui Du at Jul 11, 2012 at 10:27 pm
    Thanks. But in UNIX side, I got the same error

    In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
    package ‘car’ is not available

    HXD

    I need to calculate VIF (variance inflation factor) for my linear regression model. I found there was a function named vif in 'HH' package. I have two questions:

    1) I was able to install that package in my R under windows. But while trying to install that package in UNIX, I got error:

    Package HH is not available.

    Does somebody know why?

    2) Does somebody know the other way to calculate vif in R?

    Many thanks.
    HXD

    [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

  • Jorge I Velez at Jul 11, 2012 at 10:30 pm
    Could you please include your sessionInfo() ?

    Thank you,
    Jorge.-