PPPS. Very interesting article anyway! My favourite language is so
obscure that you don't know why it kicks your arse. :)

--
steve at adam.com.au

Search Discussions

  • Daryl Tester at Jun 3, 2008 at 11:00 am

    stephen white wrote:

    http://blog.neontology.com/posts/2008/04/17/google-app-engine

    is running on Google's AppEngine, which is Python. Or is it? You'll
    have to read to find out!
    It reads like someone whose introduction to Python was via Google's
    AppEngine.

    *) He makes the Tab mistake that you're warned about in most
    Python tutorials (i.e. don't use them, your editor may have
    different tab stops).

    *) He seems to confuse Django's templating mechanism for Python.

    *) "Python anachronisms for declaring attributes" - no, that's
    Google's mechanism.

    Etc.

    Daryl Tester

    "A long time ago, I stopped thinking that 'User must click OK to
    scary-looking message' was any sort of road bump for malware."
    -- Valdis Kletnieks
  • Stephen white at Jun 3, 2008 at 11:17 am