[Pythonmac-SIG] New to list with issues

Daniel Rahenkamp
Dec 29, 2011 at 6:25 pm

On Dec 29, 2011, at 6:00 AM, pythonmac-sig-request at python.org wrote:

I am new to the list and of course I have issues... I have run into a problem of which I find that I am a bit out of my depth in solving. I have upgraded to lion and python 2.7.2 and I have several scripts that I have been running for over a year as dameons are now crashing with errors that I cannot interpret. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated as I am dead in the water in terms of using Python. Below is the error and full problem report. Thanks so much.
Apple?s crash report is probably useless (but maybe there are greater wizards than me on this list that can make any sense from it) - try to get a proper Python traceback!
Maybe it?s in the console.log
Did you try to run your scripts on the command line, i.e. not as daemons?
Can you show us (parts of) the scripts? Probably there are modules missing.
Did you run from a system Python before?

Thanks for the reply. This is weird because Python does not fully crash but periodically it will throw the error I included in my last post but the script is still working. When looking in the console there are multiple entries with Python_<current date>.mini_crash with the same system crash report that I included. In this test I ran the app from the command line and not as a daemon but the results are the same. When I have tried python 2.6 on the same machine things run fine. The problem seems to be with the apple included 2.7 that came with Lion. Lastly I am not sure what you mean by "run from a system Python before" Here is a screen shot of the console messages http://screencast.com/t/qDjnMb3KYS Thanks so much.

Per aspera ad astra

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
reply

Search Discussions

1 response

  • Ned Deily at Dec 30, 2011 at 10:32 am
    In article <DF60A24F-77EC-4832-BFF4-09320A746A8E at roontoon.com>,
    Daniel Rahenkamp wrote:
[...]

    From the traceback, it appears that there is a problem with Python's
    _scproxy module; that's an internal helper C module that provides an
    interface to the OS X System Configuration framework to access Internet
    proxy configurations for the urllib module. You should open an issue
    for this at bugs.python.org. Please include the original crash report
    traceback.

    --
    Ned Deily,
    nad at acm.org

Ned Deily: 1 post Daniel Rahenkamp: 1 post