pytest-2.7.1: bugfix release, wheel support and yield fixtures
pytest is a mature Python testing tool with more than a 1100 tests
against itself, passing on many different interpreters and platforms.
This release is supposed to be drop-in compatible to 2.7.0.
The most user-visible changes are that wheels are now available on
pypi and yield fixtures are no longer marked as experimental, they are
here to stay.
See below for the changes and see docs at:
As usual, you can upgrade from pypi via::
pip install -U pytest
Thanks to all who contributed to this release, among them:
Ionel Maries Cristian
The py.test Development Team
2.7.1 (compared to 2.7.0)
- fix issue731: do not get confused by the braces which may be present
and unbalanced in an object's repr while collapsing False
explanations. Thanks Carl Meyer for the report and test case.
- fix issue553: properly handling inspect.getsourcelines failures in
FixtureLookupError which would lead to to an internal error,
obfuscating the original problem. Thanks talljosh for initial
diagnose/patch and Bruno Oliveira for final patch.
- fix issue660: properly report scope-mismatch-access errors
independently from ordering of fixture arguments. Also
avoid the pytest internal traceback which does not provide
information to the user. Thanks Holger Krekel.
- streamlined and documented release process. Also all versions
(in setup.py and documentation generation) are now read
from _pytest/__init__.py. Thanks Holger Krekel.
- fixed docs to remove the notion that yield-fixtures are experimental.
They are here to stay :) Thanks Bruno Oliveira.
- Support building wheels by using environment markers for the
requirements. Thanks Ionel Maries Cristian.
- fixed regression to 2.6.4 which surfaced e.g. in lost stdout capture printing
when tests raised SystemExit. Thanks Holger Krekel.
- reintroduced _pytest fixture of the pytester plugin which is used
at least by pytest-xdist.