Hello fellow pytest aficionados,

I've been advised by multiple people over Twitter to bring this to the
attention of the pytest community, so here goes.

I'm the author of pytest-asyncio, a pytest plugin for testing asyncio
code: https://github.com/Tinche/pytest-asyncio. The code isn't
particularly clever, and could use a review by someone more
knowledgeable of pytest than me, but it seems to do its job okay (I'm
already using it in another asyncio project). Credit where credit is
due: the plugin is basically a port of pytest-tornado to asyncio. It's
up on PyPI under the name 'pytest-asyncio'. Hopefully the README file is
documentation enough.

It's also been suggested to me to submit the plugin to pytest, which I'd
totally be open to if you folks are interested. I think the plugin ticks
all the checkboxes listed on https://pytest.org/latest/contributing.html.

Kind regards,
Tin

Search Discussions

  • Laura Creighton at Apr 23, 2015 at 7:55 pm

[...]

    I've been using it, for about a week. It is working great here.
    so +1 from me.

    Laura
  • Bruno Oliveira at Apr 23, 2015 at 8:05 pm
    I'm +1 too, it fits all of the requirements. :)

    Tin, I've invited you over to pytest-dev, feel free to transfer the
    repository.