Hi All,

I hope those who are at EuroPython are enjoying themselves!!

My name is Nicole - I'm a Python (mainly Django) developer and web
designer. I met my husband (who is also a Python dev) in Edinburgh, and
after six years in Australia (I am Australian) we're thinking about
returning to live and work there :)

I just wanted to get a bit of a feel on what the local scene is for
developers? We were running our own business in Australia (kabucreative.com)
and are happy to continue to do so - so that means we're open to all kinds
of work - including consulting/freelance.

Are there any employers/contacts of note that we should be speaking to?
We're hoping to come up to visit soon (we're currently in London) if anyone
would like to meet up face-to-face.

For you reference I am at whoisnicoleharris.com and my husband at
ojh.github.io

Cheers!
Nicole
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Search Discussions

  • Mark Smith at Jul 22, 2015 at 2:20 pm
    Hi Nicole,

    I'm at EuroPython, and on my phone so I'll be brief: The scene in Edinburgh
    is smallish but very vibrant. We have two billion dollar startups hiring
    Python devs: FanDuel (my employers!) and Skyscanner. Other notable
    companies off the top of my head are Hogarth, Ecometrica and Mercury Tide.
    Also check out the local incubators, Codebase and TechCube which are full
    of small tech companies.

    Good luck!

    Mark

[...]

  • Nicole Harris at Jul 23, 2015 at 1:39 pm
    Thanks Mark,

    I appreciate your response :)