On behalf of all the contributors to PyCA cryptography I?m happy to announce that 0.7 has been tagged and released to PyPI.

New in 0.7 (https://cryptography.io/en/latest/changelog/)

* Cryptography has been relicensed from the Apache Software License, Version 2.0, to being available under either the Apache Software License, Version 2.0, or the BSD license.
* Added key-rotation support to Fernet with MultiFernet.
* More bit-lengths are now support for p and q when loading DSA keys from numbers.
* Added MACContext as a common interface for CMAC and HMAC and deprecated CMACContext.
* Added support for encoding and decoding RFC 6979 signatures in Asymmetric Utilities.
* Added load_ssh_public_key() to support the loading of OpenSSH public keys (RFC 4253). Only RSA and DSA keys are currently supported.
* Added initial support for X.509 certificate parsing. See the X.509 documentation for more information.

In addition to the public facing improvements we also spent significant time expanding our bindings, disabling implicit compile for cffi, and adding new tests to enforce our abstract base class interfaces.

Random numbers:?

* We merged 89 pull requests during this release.
* 0.6.1 was downloaded over 429,000 times from PyPI.
* The project now has over 2.5 million total downloads from PyPI.

Master will reopen shortly for development of the eighth release. Happy holidays!

-Paul Kehrer