[PostgreSQL-US] clarification on continuous / incremental

Matthew Bartholomew
Feb 23, 2009 at 11:53 pm
I am looking for some clarification on continuous / incremental backups for postgresql 8.3. Any guidance is appreciated.

- Can the terms incremental and continuous be used interchangeably when describing archive mode? Or is there a continuous recovery mode and an incremental archive mode?

o I would be very interested in a continuous recovery mode if such an option exists...

- Is pg_standby the only HA warm standby setup or is there another type of HA warm standby setup that I am overlooking?

Cheers,
MB
reply

Search Discussions

1 response

  • Joshua D. Drake at Feb 24, 2009 at 5:43 pm

    I am looking for some clarification on continuous / incremental
    backups for postgresql 8.3. Any guidance is appreciated.
    You are looking for a technical list. Try:

    pgsql-general

    Sincerely,

    Joshua D. Drake

    --